CPSIA Trainer and Assessor
PSIA Pty Ltd Director
PlayRight Australia Pty Ltd Director
Lynnel is an accomplished business owner and award winner with an extensive background and “hands-on” experience in the parks and playground industry including but not limited to; training, inspection and testing, consultancy and advice, sales, design, certification, repairs and maintenance.
She is a highly motivated educator and self-starter with a dedicated commitment to the industry, clients, students and their professional development.
Lynnel works hard to ensure courses and content is current and delivered to the highest standards, expectations, industry practice and requirements. She is passionate about child development, “the right to play” and child safety, whilst recognizing the importance and need of risk-taking.
Lynnel is enthusiastic and devoted in supporting every students to successfully attain their desired outcomes.
Nationally recognised playground safety expert with over 30 years’ experience in the playground, parks and recreation industry.
- TAE40110 Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, literacy and numeracy skills
- BSZ40198 Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certified Playground safety inspector (USA)
- Accredited ROSPA Playground Operational Inspector Certificate (NSW)
- Certified Triax2015 & 2010 Playground Surface Impact Tester
- Horticultural Advanced Certificate
- Horticultural Trade Certificate
- Diploma Applied Science Horticulture – Part completed
- Construction safety awareness card
- Certificate introduction occupational health and safety laws
- The playground & recreation association of Victoria (Play Australia AKA PRAV) certificate – playground training (NSW)
- 10 years within local Government (parks and gardens); Parks Coordinator, Project Officer, Technical Officer, Horticultural Officer and Tradesperson.
- 20 years PlayRight Pty Ltd consultant, inspector, designer, trainer and play advocate
- Past horticultural diploma lecturer at challenger TAFE (Murdoch WA) 4 years
- Developer of award winning “Playground Manager” Playground and facilities asset and operations software management system and the Australian Playground Safety Inspection Tool Kit and Auditor checklists.
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- Blue/White Card – Safety and Training Certificate
- Founder and managing director, Playground Safety Inspectors Australia Pty Ltd – July 2019 to current
- Founder and managing director, PlayRight Australia Pty Ltd – August 2000 to current
- Developed Certified Playground Safety Inspector Australia course in 2000
- National TAFE (SMTAFE and TIWA) contracted trainer for Certified Playground Safety Inspector Australia course with over 2000 students trained nationally
- PlayRight Australia annual playground product sales exceeding $20,000,000 over 18 years
2000-2019 Founder, Director, PlayRight Australia Pty Ltd
1997‐2000 Founder, Director, Horticultural & Landscape Project Services
1996‐1997 Project Officer ‐ Design & Infrastructure Services, City of Melville
1994‐1996 Horticultural Parks Coordinator, City of Armadale
1990‐1994 Parks Technical Officer, City of Canning
1989‐1990 Horticultural Technical Officer, City of Gosnells
1986‐1989 Horticultural Trade Apprenticeship, City of South Perth
In addition to above full time employment secondary employment included;
1996‐1999 Business Owner, Garden Illusions, Fremantle E’Shed Markets
1997‐1997 Casual Horticultural Senior Lecturer, South Metropolitan TAFE
1989-1995 Casual modelling and dance teacher
- 2000 WA Micro business award winner
- 2000 WA Telstra young women in business award finalist – Alcatel young women in business
- 2002 parks and Leisure Australia – Innovation and best practice award
- Past WA Parks and Leisure Australia president
- Past Royal Australian Institute Parks and Recreation Secretary
- Past L’Entrepreneurs women in business secretary
- Past Willetton Basketball Association – WABL Registrar
Above all of Lynnel’s successes, she is an extremely proud mother of four children 27, 20, 18 and 16!
CPSIA Training and Marketing Coordinator
2017-Current training coordinator for CPSIA courses with PlayRight Pty Ltd and PSIA
Current Undergraduate Student at Murdoch University